Okay, we're driving home from Salt Lake Saturday night after a wonderful concert at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square -in which this cute guy . . . .
. . . . just happened to have had a solo with the Wasatch Master Chorale -
and we're listening to Sirius Satellite Radio station 003 which I now call
ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS!
I've been listening to Christmas music for a few days now - you know, FM100 and Kosy, which just happen to play the exact same songs over and over and over again - just like last year, and the year before that and the year before that.
So, this is a nice change, new artists, new songs I haven't heard before
BUT . . . . some of them were a little much.
I listened to Barry Manilow back in the day, but boy, he sure can ruin a good traditional Christmas song.
And Chicago - actually they were okay, love their sound, they do fine with Christmas.
Even James Taylor.
And I really enjoyed the Transiberian Orchestra's rendition of Tchaikovsky's "Nutrocker".
But . . . when Barenaked Ladies does Christmas - really, do they actually have a Christmas album?
Or Chris Brown - and yes, Anne had to explain him to me - R&B rap Christmas??
And the artist we can't remember but sings a song about how much he hates Christmas - - -
So, when the traditional channel gets a little boring, tune in the ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS for a holly jolly Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment