Thursday, July 1, 2010

Taylor's Washington D.C. Trip 2010

This summer has just flown right by so far! I went Washington D.C. the second week of June and had non-stop fun for five days! I took US History this year and my teacher Mr. Waite takes students each summer from his US History classes to Washington D.C.. Carly and Anne both went the summer after their junior years. So I forked up the money (with some help form mom and dad) and headed off on my own for a week. It was my very first flight and it didn't help with Mr. Waite sitting next to me saying "where's your parachute? You're going to need it." But we made it just fine! haha. We went non-stop for five days straight; We saw Fort McHenry, Baltimore, all of the monuments, and as much as the museums as we could. We had a private tour of the capitol building with Rob Bishop and a tour of Gettysburg. On this trip we had a group of 60 students and adults.

outside of Fort McHenry
Looking out over the Chesapeake Bay from Fort McHenry
We also saw the Baltimore Orioles while we were in Baltimore - The Mets won 1 to 3
Me with President Roosevelt at the FDR Memorial

Me, Mr. Waite, and Abe Lincoln with none of us looking at the camera
The White House is amazing, unfortunately we didn't go inside
We watched the changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetery - Best glide stepping I have ever seen!
Coolest monument ever!Me and Rob Bishop - and yes this is what he wore plus he came straight from voting so we had a good laugh! Unexpected!Gettysburg is so beautiful and so sacred!This is the group from Ogden High at the Friend to Friend memorial in the Gettysburg Cemetery. We also had a group from Roy High and Ben Lomand High.

Tons of fun and I am so glad that had the opportunity to go! I love Washington D.C.

1 comment:

HDVB said...

What a fun trip and great experience! I'm so glad that you were able to go! Thanks for sharing the pics! :)