Sunday, January 3, 2010

THE ULTIMATE FAMILY HOME EVENING??

SHELLY, BRUCE ---
ARE YOU KIDDING,
ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER???
MAYBE THE DRIVEWAY OR EVEN THE GARAGE??

I definitely think this beats any
family home evening ever!!

This is my sister's family butchering their family's goat. Other than the shock of seeing it done in the family kitchen, I think you guys are awesome for learning this skill!!

I can only hope that somewhere there is a goat butchering merit badge for the boys and a personal progress goal for Heidi. This is right up there with the 1916 Beehive requirements of: "build a tree house sufficiently large enough for two girls to sleep in" or "clear sagebrush, etc. from half an acre of land," or "without help or advice, harness a team of horses and drive 50 miles in one season."

Now that I think about it Heidi probably could handle all those requirements by the age of 12.