Wednesday, March 4, 2009

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!

ROADSHOWS!!

Come on now, you remember roadshows from your youth!. You loved them as a teenager but they bring terror to your mind as an adult. Well, I am experiencing just a little bit of terror because I have another calling - STAKE ROADSHOW SPECIALIST!! Actually I am more excited then terrorized because I just have to organize and administer the program from the stake level and not actually plan or direct a roadshow at the ward level. I'll let those folks live with the terror!

Anyway, what I really need is input from anyone out there who has been involved with roadshows in the past few years. How did you handle them? Practice for weeks, plan and practice on just one Saturday, actually travel from ward to ward or perform at one venue?

Please, please let me know what worked for your roadshows and what you would do differently next time.

Thanks, Manja

2 comments:

Suzanne Vincent said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, wait, you wanted help!

*snicker*

I tell you what, I think those 24 hour roadshows are the way to go. You give each ward a theme on Friday night, they spend that night writing out a basic script, the next day refining, gathering music, props, and costumes, spend the afternoon practicing, then put them on Saturday night and they're DONE!

*Har! Har!*

I would love to say that you should have them all in one venue, but I don't think we have a building available that's large enough to accomodate that many people. I'm REALLY concerned about the size of our ward building with three wards to make space for.

*Tee Hee Hee!*

I think it also helps equalize things to give limits in budgets and allowed scenery, etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

THE BIBBER BLOG said...

Oh Suzanne, you are soooooooo funny!!!! Don't laugh too loud though, I'm sure you'll get sucked into your ward's production!!! But aside from all the snickers and har hars, I appreciate your input, may the force be with us all, we'll need it. - manja