Sunday, August 10, 2008

WHAT A WEEK!!


This was our last weekend with Daniel and Hannah. They headed off to Ohio on Wednesday, August 6th. They arrived on Thursday in Columbus and were able to get into their home on Saturday!! They have a few painting projects planned before Hannah starts school in September. Daniel starts a week of orientation on Monday the 10th.

Carly and Jeff came from Cedar City to join us for our "last hurrah". We gathered at Lauralee's home on Saturday for some volleyball, we played until we couldn't see any more or until the over the hill team won. (They included anyone over 25)

On Sunday, everyone joined us for Sacrament Meeting. It was so fun to see our entire family spanning a "long bench". It's been a while since we needed a long bench and we spent the meeting passing Emma up and down the row.

After church we were joined by the Zundel and Moore Grandparents for dinner and of course a couple of rounds of NERTS!! Then the good-byes began, including some tears. Good luck Daniel and Hannah, we'll miss you!! We love you!!



Goodbye Grandma and Grandpa Moore.
See you at Christmas!!




Goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa Zundel.
Thanks for letting us crash in your
basement for a year!!!




On Wednesday Anne and Manja traveled
to Cedar City for the Shakespeare Festival
(and some shopping). We had a great time.
Can't wait for next year!!



Carly and Jeff join us for the Greenshow
and Two Gentlemen from Verona


Our favorite part of the Greenshow was
"Who's on first??" Shakespeare style!!

Two Gentlemen from Verona




Taming of the Shrew




Did I mention that while my car was at the
mechanic's shop for some last minute tuning before
our trip to Cedar City that someone backed
into it??? Too bad we had to get a rental
car for the week. I told Bryan to get me something
nice, but I never expected my dream car, the
Chrysler 300M. I think I could get used to this.

Oh by the way, it rides very smooth. Annie took
it up to 105 and we hardly noticed!!

2 comments:

HDVB said...

Ummmm...Is Annie 25? I don't think so. Good thing she didn't crash the car. Thanks for posting the pictures. We miss you all, but everything is going well. We are at a friends house to use their internet so I could get me schedule for tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes. Love you, Daniel.

Tyler said...

105 mph! I don't remember Daniel or I ever being that irresponsible in some type of mechanized vehicular unit...except for maybe the time we raced the magnum up the canyon, ran out of gas on Bear Lake, brought back Wyoming fireworks in cooler, but never 105 (we've never owned anything that could go that fast). At least the car made it back safely, and not with the rear wheel in the gutter at the bottom of capitol st.
P.S. great talk mom!