Just to be sure I searched for the word at www.dictionary.com. The word came up, but only in one dictionary (the website scans many dictionaries). So technically, it's a word, but just barely.
Quinn
Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English
sticktoitiveness
Part of Speech: n
Definition: dogged perseverance; resolute tenacity; also written stick-to-it-ive-ness
Example: The only way she has published so many books is through stick-to-it-ive-ness. Etymology: 1909 Usage: colloquial
2 comments:
Just to be sure I searched for the word at www.dictionary.com. The word came up, but only in one dictionary (the website scans many dictionaries). So technically, it's a word, but just barely.
Quinn
Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English
sticktoitiveness
Part of Speech: n
Definition: dogged perseverance; resolute tenacity; also written stick-to-it-ive-ness
Example: The only way she has published so many books is through stick-to-it-ive-ness.
Etymology: 1909
Usage: colloquial
Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English
I'm surprised at your "stick-to-it-ive-ness" at proving that you were right all along. Congratulations.
Post a Comment