Sunday, May 4, 2008

An Update With Taylor

Hey everyone just thought I would let you know about what's going on in my life right now.

  • Choir-I have been in the Chamber Choir for a couple months. This is the highest choir at Ogden High. There were some special auditions for some men; because Mr. Longhurst, the teacher, was having some problems getting guys to show up to early morning practice (7 A.M.). A couple weeks after I joined we had region. I was unable to perform, because I did not have the songs prepared as well as I would like them. We were not able to go to state, so we are preparing for, a couple of small performances, our Jazz Concert, the Utah State Apple Teacher Award Recognition Banquet, and Graduation.
  • Band-In the Ogden High Symphonic Band I play the French Horn. At the end of April we went to Region at Ben Lomand High School, where we got straight Ones (one being the best and five the worst). Having straight ones at Region sends you to State. We went to State at Utah Valley State Collage on Friday May 2nd. Unfortunately, we did not take state we did do well, getting a 1-, 1-, and 2+. On this scale 1 1- 2+ 2 2- 3+ 3 3- 4+ 4 4- 5+ 5 5- (1 being the best).
  • School-Right now I have straight A's! We are also in the middle of Finals. Next week I have two tests and then I am DONE!!!!!
  • Marching Band-Marching Band is starting next month! I am so excited! I was in the Marching Band last year playing the Trumpet. Our field show was named Aztec Rumble. At every competition last year it either rained, hailed, or snowed on us as we played except for two or three of them. At the Mount Timpanogos Competition, the wind was blowing, it was hailing and raining. The wind was blowing horizontally witch stung our faces with hail. Most of the bands that day just gave up because of the rain and wind and hail, but we did not! We played our best show that day! The OGDEN HIGH SCHOOL TIGER MARCHING BAND TOOK STATE!!!!!
  • Young Mens-I am the Teacher's Quorum President with three boys in my quorum with me. We are preparing for the High Adventure Week, down at Havasupi. And we are also having Youth Conference the first week of June to the Great Basin National Park.
  • Working-I have been trying to find a job so I can pay for all my school trips next year, but I was unsuccessful because businesses are not hiring 15 year olds. I am now mowing four lawns a week, which are bringing in some money.

Well, there is my life hopefully you have enjoyed it!

No comments: